You are losing thousands of dollars by not having your tube mills, pipe mills and roll forming mills aligned properly.
Improperly aligned mills can result in excessive scrap, out of tolerance product and setups that can take more time than necessary. So, why spend thousands of dollars for a new set of tooling or have your existing tooling reconditioned if you are not sure your tube mills, pipe mills, or roll forming mills are aligned properly?
Roll-Kraft's tooling is manufactured to a tolerance of +/- .001" or better. This accuracy is essential due to the importance between the mating top and bottom rolls and the cross section being formed. There is little room for error when forming a welded tube or non-welded profile; particularly when running light-gauge material. A stack-up or alignment error of less than 5% can cause a number of defects in the finished product. Also, the sources of these defects are difficult to trace because there may only be slight mill alignment issues in multiple locations.
Proper mill shoulder alignment is absolutely critical in producing quality profiles with consistency and repeatability. We understand this and make it a main talking point in all of our roll forming seminars and tube and pipe training seminars and customer visits.
We have developed and perfected a tube mill, pipe mill and roll forming mill alignment program and have conducted hundreds of on-site mill alignments with guaranteed results. Our process is done in a step-by-step fashion that will uncover other potential problems, such as bent shafts, spindle runout, damaged bearing blocks, bearings or mill stands.
Running poorly manufactured tooling on an improperly aligned mill can result in tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars of lost revenue per year. Let Roll-Kraft do a free mill evaluation to determine if a tube, pipe or roll forming mill alignment is necessary.
Checking Shoulder Alignment and Parallell of Tooling
Checking the O.D. of Driven Shafts
Benefits of Our Mill Alignment Services:
- Changeovers and setups are faster and easier
- Reduce downtime by eliminating unnecessary adjustments
- Eliminate marking of the product
- Produce straight product when exiting the mill
- Eliminate weld seam rolling over with fewer welding problems
- Increase tooling life
- Provide higher quality end product with less scrap
Mill Alignment Services Include:
- Inspect all mill components prior to alignment
- Check the integrity of entry table, driven stands, side pass stands, weld boxes, scarfing stations, ironing pass stands, turkshead units, straightening units, and cut-off die sets
- Check diameters of all driven shafts
- Check for loose bearings and bearing blocks on driven stands
- Mill bases
- Driven shafts paralleled top to bottom
- Driven shaft shoulders are aligned top to bottom and stand to stand to within .001”
- Horizontal and vertical verification of all equipment associated with the mill
- Alignment using precision instruments
- Hands-on training
- Alignment maintenance, tooling setup, and changeover procedures
- Setting proper metal line in side pass rolls
- Tooling maintenance programs and procedures
We back all of our products with a 100% performance guarantee. Our performance guarantee assures you that if you are not satisfied with our mill alignment service you will receive a free replacement or a complete refund. See what our customers have to say about our commitment to quality and service by visiting our testimonial page.
Use our Quick Contact Form for more information on our mill alignment services for tube, pipe and roll forming mills or call us at 1-888-953-9400.
- - - - -
- Successful Mill Alignment
- Rework Drops From 70% after Tube and Pipe Mill Realignment
- Roll-Kraft’s Dedicated Staff Provide On-site Training and Evaluation
- Exceptional Training for Mill Alignment and Tube and Pipe Roll Tooling Management
- Roll-Kraft Makes High Profile Job a Great Success
- Roll-Kraft's Dedicated Staff Provide On-site Training and Evaluation
Print this Page Contact Us About This Product