You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer.
Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
The Purchasing Manager position is responsible for the procurement, negotiation and on-time delivery of raw materials, MRO items, and supplies required to support customer orders.
- Responsible for proactive supplier sourcing, supplier management, quality, delivery, and cost reduction.
- Evaluate, develop, manage and maintain supplier relationships with key suppliers/vendors, including metrics, performance goals, corrective actions, and improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate all contracts between vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate and purchase all assigned products optimizing cost, delivery and terms. (Foreign & Domestic).
- Generate purchase orders and enter data into the CRM system.
- Follow up and expedite purchase orders as necessary to deliver on time to support the production schedule and customer required ship dates.
- Work closely with Operations and Finance personnel at multiple locations to ensure all are negotiating and receiving best quality and pricing for purchases and services.
- Freight Management
- Management of Quality Manual – additions, revisions and customer communication.
- Develop forecasts for future demand and place timely orders based on vendor lead-time, market conditions, and individual manufacturing plants unique requirements.
- Update and maintain the CRM system as well as communicate effectively with both internal employees and external vendors on status of orders and deliveries.
- Frequent contact with suppliers and internal teams concerning production priorities, interdependencies, and schedules.
- Travel to customers, vendors, suppliers, and other Company locations as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical or business discipline required, i.e. supply chain, engineering, business, etc.
- Certification or professional designation in a specialist area preferred (i.e. APICS).
- 25% Travel (North America) to other Roll-Kraft facilities, suppliers, and vendors.
- 5+ years’ experience of purchasing management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Good understanding of financial measurements and strategic goals and company vision.
- Proficient use of ERP/MRP/CRM system(s) and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in dealing with metal machined components, castings, and assembled products is a plus.
- Exceptional at leading all aspects of the procurement process including technology, strategy, sourcing, contract negotiations, selection, inventory systems, logistics and outsourcing management, etc.
- Thorough understanding of production technology, and/or specialty support areas including broad knowledge of business environment and trends.
- Well organized hands-on self-starter with superior communication skills across many different levels of the organization, both verbal and written.
Fill out the application form below and a member of our team will be in touch with more information.
Have a technical question? Need a sales quote? Get answers 24/7.