Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Develop and design customized tooling in accordance with customers' specifications. (Specialized engineering training provided)
- Evaluate and select ideal design alternatives. (Design teams assist in this process every step of the way)
- Assist customers in troubleshooting and developing solutions for their issues.
- Support customers with new product development.
- Work cohesively with team members, internal departments and vendors to promote customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate incoming rework tooling to determine processes needed to bring tooling back into specification.
- Assist manufacturing floor by creating machine code for NC machines utilizing Mastercam (currently on 2019 version)
- Design custom fixtures utilizing Solidworks.
- Participate in continuous improvement and lean initiatives as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience of the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- 2 Year Technical Degree with manufacturing/design experience and/or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of engineering experience required in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of general machining practices.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCad and ability to learn other engineering-specific software programs.
- Proficient use of Solidworks, or other equivalent 3D design software, i.e. Pro-E, Catia, etc.
- Skilled at Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, machining, and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Capable of managing multiple activities.
We offer both medical and dental insurance plans, a 401k retirement plan, company-paid life and AD&D insurance, and disability benefits. We celebrate our successes with paid lunches and bonuses on a regular basis. We encourage team work and collaboration in an effort to help support each other through work specific challenges.
Successful completion of a background check and drug screen required. Compensation will be based on experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Mechanical Design: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location